Ready, Fire, Aim
My goal as a product manager is to quickly deliver the most useful software we can. Ready, fire, aim describes how lean teams quickly deliver useful software. Start with the minimal effort to validate ideas. This could be a marketing only verification. Once you know your answers it’s time to aim.
Studies show when people are 100% sure of something that only 85% of the time they are correct. When 90% sure, it brings it down closer to 60% of the time they are correct. Designing around the wrong assumptions is an expensive investment strategy. First, validate your assumptions using or talking to real customers. WordPress is a fantastic platform for rapidly testing your ideas. You might be surprised how much can be accomplished in days rather than months.
Finding a great product manager is difficult. Affording one might not be possible. If you are a small SAAS web-based product company or team (30k-100k / month in product investment), your pain is my passion. Working with the right product coach to improve your agile processes as well as product prioritization and design will likely have a significant impact. I assure you that using me as a 20% product coach can provide you 80% of the value of a great local product manager. That might include teaching your current product manager to be the best he or she can be.
An existing team or project
Let’s shape what you have into a well-oiled machine. Making sure your dev team is producing consistent quality with minimized work in progress frees the organization up to focus on high-value features. Bugs should not be an issue. How can I help?
- Determine any gaps in your team or project and assist in filling them (I also have access to some fantastic people that work at very reasonable rates)
- Get your dev team very agile and delivering predictable quality. Limit work in progress. Create highly usable and beautiful products. Allow you to change priorities in days, not weeks or months.
- Teach your team how to prioritize, design and launch new features. Listen to your customer. Verify value and interest before investing.
Starting from scratch
- Attract and hire high-value talent. Including development, design, marketing, as well as product management.
- Help assess the product you should be building
- I can teach or build your team to build and execute micro-services and/or continuous delivery.&nbps;
All this can be done remotely in “a few” hours a week.
You can see my LinkedIn profile here linkedin.com/in/avanlaningham
I have built a few apps, one I am proud of
IT WAS My first app
The third heart rate variability app in the IOS app store. Now there are more than twenty.
IT TELLS YOU ABOUT YOUR STRESS
For most athletes, this means they need more rest.
used by MAYO CLINIC
For performing clinical research